The Community Fire Company, Landingville, was organized in May 1950 by a group of civic minded citizens. Reportedly, the first meeting took place in the Landingville School house with fifteen men present.
The old Reading Railroad building next to Burn’s Tavern was rented from the railroad and used as the first firehouse. The company’s first fire truck was purchased in October of 1950 from the Cressona Fire Co. #1 Cressona, PA for a price of $500.00.
Official notification of the Incorporation of the Community Fire Company, Landingville, was received and dated February 13, 1951. The company fought it’s first fire on February 24, 1951 at the Paul Fritz Barn. The Landingville Firemen’s Relief Association was officially incorporated on August 6, 1951.